Wednesday, March 29, 2006

small goal

My goal this week is to post at least once.

Hmmmm, not about what shall I post today?

OK, other goals, I'll post about other goals. Tomorrow is my last pop day. I have one left and that's it unless direly (is this a word) needed. I know, I know, I say it all the time, but I mean it. I just need to sleep more, drink more water and suppliment that with hot tea, of which I have PLENTY!

I'd like to start walking at lunch again. The weather is getting nicer here and it's time. My butt is fitting my chair just a bit too well these days.

Oh, and for those that already know the next one, here's an update. Sometime last year, maybe early summer, I stated that I had but one goal to acheive by the end of 2006.

To get married.

Yup, that's it, just one goal. I thought, well, it's a year and a half away and I know lots of guys that have potential, at the very least, surely God will grant me this one thing.

Well, if you've read any of my blog back in Feb, I think it was, you know that plan is not going my way. While I do still know many Godly men that love the Lord and would treat their wife well as they grow old together, I don't know that any of the old growing will include me.

Am I OK with not reaching a goal. ya. I'm OK that I'm not reaching this particular goal. sorta. I mean, I don't want to just marry some guy, friend or stranger, because I can or so that I'll meet my goal, that wouldn't benefit anyone and would in fact probably be a disservice. But would I like to be growing old with one specific person as opposed to a group of friends, who I know love me and will call me out when needed? somedays that answer is a resounding yes. There are things you share with only your spouse.

I need to go, off for some girl/tea time tonight. (I KNOW! That's not really helping me get to my goal. Bite me.)

5 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I dont have much to say here, cause I have had this convo with you several time with you and your goals.

Well...I do have something to say...but probably better said in a less public forum than your blog. A suggestion about a new mindset in accomplishing your goals that is.

SUPER said...

Hey...at least you haven't received the "If we're not married by the time we 40, let's make a pact to marry each other" scenario that I did.

Oh, the thrills of being Sarah.

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, I'm not throwing a pity party here, just thinking aloud. From the previous two comments it sounds like my post was taken negatively and that's not the case at all. Really. Life is good.

The problem with writing, whether letters, email, blog, or whatever, is that tone and sarcasm just don't come across well.

And bring it on. You know how to get ahold of me by email or phone.

San Nakji said...

I would think a majority of people in this world have that goal. The problem is marrying the wrong person, but I can tell that this won't be a problem for you. Good luck!

rubyslipperlady said...

Ben, you are my hero! Thanks for catching the sarcasm. Now, run out and get yourself a POP as a reward! heeheehee