Thursday, March 16, 2006

interview

I coordinate the volunteers for my department and I just had a potential volunteer interview me to see if this is where she wanted to volunteer her services. It threw me off a bit once I realized what was happening. I felt a bit out of place and underdressed. It was really odd. She said she'd let me know later this week.

Speaking of interviews, I had a phone interview on Monday night for a job back home in L-town. Have I mentioned this yet? hmmm, not checking.

It was OK, short, but I learned more about the job. Don't know that I'll take it if it's offered. It's less $ than I'd hoped, but still enough to live on just fine, I guess. I just really think that it's not going to lead me to where I want to be ultimately. I don't see it as a job that is going to lead me down my chosen career path. I don't really know what the is right now, but I don't get the sense that this is the way.

I did find another job that I'm going to apply to that I'm pretty excited about though. It's in Indiana which isn't exciting and further away from where I'd rather be which is Kansas or Colorado, but the job sounds great. I'll let you know.

My boss is gone for the next week and a half.

YEEHAW!

5 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

could you re-email the resume to me?

Does the Liberal job entail a time commitment, or is it something where you could live at home and pay bills for a bit and then be out of there in a year?

rubyslipperlady said...

live at home, um no. too many dogs there.

They would definately not be very happy with me only being there a year. They are looking for committment.

rubyslipperlady said...

New job I'm applying for today is at Indiana Wesleyan U inbetween Fort Wayne and Indy. It's the Asst. Dir. for Intercultural Student Services. YIPPEE! I'm super excited about it. I could learn so much! We'll see.

Wasn't looking for IN but the job is too good to pass up ya know. Found it on cccu.org if anyone's interested in working for a Christian College.

SUPER said...

Ummm...won't be dogs there for long...as I am probably moving going to becoming an Okie in August! YUCK!!

rubyslipperlady said...

That's so sad for you. Really. ICK.