Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Home church

OK, I'm aware of home school these days and am aware of the home church scene around the world, just didn't know it was so prevelant in the States. Not sure if I think this is a good idea or not, really. Small groups that enhance the church, absolutely! But I believe that there is a need for accountability. No one is infallible and I believe that we need trained ministers to help us understand and keep us accountable. Do I think that there are people filled with the Holy Spirit and preaching the Word without being educated? yes.

Randome thoughts and prayers from my mind, I guess.

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Yeah John Eldridge is in one of those home church things.

I have a friend in Montana who made me laugh on this issue. Basically comparing home church to home schooling, and how it stems from similar attitudes and has similar weaknesses. At least here in the States.

I think the church in America as we know it is severely crippled by the way it structures itself, but this is not the solution.

rubyslipperlady said...

I know, it just sorta made me sad.