Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mass-marketing overkill

I've just come across something rather interesting. It's a satire and only about 4 minutes long. Remember, it's a satire. Love to hear what you are thinking. You can see an interview with the filmmaker here.

I agree that it's somewhat nauseating how overthetop things seemed to get with some of the movies, those marketed to the church or not (The Passion OR Harry Potter). This isn't limited to movies either, look at Gary Chapman's Love Language or Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life. I in fact, am often more drawn to those that are less promoted or I wait longer to read or see that particular book. There's something with that mob-mentality that makes me leary of certain successes. Sometimes more is not better, people, it's just more. There doesn't always need to be a sequel. There doesn't always need to be commentary. God created us with amazing minds and creativity, give me a little credit for coming up with some things on my own.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

I agree with you to a point.

But sometimes there are people that have to have a commentary and have everything explained to them.

Besides with movies it is art. As such it is meant to be overanalyzed to death. That is part of what art is all about.

I agree with you on the sequel thing though.