Saturday, March 04, 2006

Let's go to the movies

What a great concept! To blend together such talent, drive and creativity in such a short time is awesome! I wish I lived much closer so that I could be a part of the fun, if even just by watching the finished products.

This is about people coming together to draw a passage from Scripture out of a hat, following along an overarching theme and making a movie about it an 168 hours - one week. I was involved in forensics in high school and college. (That's competitive speaking, NOT dead bodies.) I would participate in the impromptu events and have since judged them several times. However, this is the ultimate! LOVE IT! Not sure if I could do it well, but would love to be a part of it somehow one day. Maybe that should be on my "7s" list from a previous post.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

Whether the JET position works out or not, and we are praying it does!, please come to visit us! We enjoyed Carrie and Lorrie so much! Bring a friend, and we will put you up (rather down on the floor on a futon) in our little living room! Ryu says, COME! Love you! Kim

SUPER said...

Hmmm...the dead body part seems a tad more interesting to me. Does that make me wierd?

rubyslipperlady said...

You are wierd, but not just for this alone, but all sorts of reasons.

Kim: Would love to, we'll have to see what's in store.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...

there is a place where you can roam wild and free with your words!! You crack me up. This morning I had breakfast with you. Well.. not YOU..but your blog. and granola. After reading this current blog entry I decided to read past entries, because of course, you're as intriguing as ever. And I selected the past post regarding your dating life...at which time I began CHOKING ON MY RAISIN. I miss you. I'll be frequenting your blog site, just to keep tabs on you. I love you miss slipper. Hey! I think I wanna blog with you...So I'll try and figure this thing out and let you know. Look at all the SC people hanging out here! Miss you all!!! mendy.

rubyslipperlady said...

All hail,Ben!

Yea! I love that you're here! Can't wait to see your bloggety-blog-blog!

SUPER said...

Quit using my verbage without the proper referencing! That's not nice!
I, just as any other brilliant writer, comic, or artist...want credit dang it!

Still_Waiting_for_the_Dawn said...

Actually, my friends and I have even done the make a movie in 24 hours! :) That's a lot of fun.

This one, in particular, seems like it would be SO much fun! And you are rigt, it seems like impromtu a bit. (speaking of impromtu...for a special category called impromtu sales at this weekend's nationals, I came up with some really fun objects that I will have to tell you about after the tournament in the slight chance that anyone who is involved could stumble across the concepts before...)