Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My dating life

I mentioned in a previous post that I have a 'different' view on dating. Here it is in all it's glory:

I've been single for a long time, no need to mention how long.

So, shortly after I moved to the Twin Cities, I made a resolution. If I wasn't going to have any real dates, I was going to make up my own. Here's how it all works. If I dine with a guy sitting directly to my side or directly across from me - it's a date. If we drive anywhere where a man and I are both in the front or the back seats - it's a date. If there's a bunch of us hangin' out, but I'm sitting next to a guy - it's a date. If a guy and I are doing something together, regardless of what - it's a date. It doesn't matter that none of these are real dates. The key is that I'm deluded enough to be entertained by these 'dates' of mine, but not delusional enough to think that they are real.

It's great fun though to tell guys, in the midst of our activity, that I'm enjoying the date. Some of them are terrified, thinking that I'm serious. I let them squirm just a bit and then let them off the hook. All my friends here know the scoop now, and we just joke about it and have fun - which really is my whole point. And it makes me feel better about not dating anyone. While roses are not involved this way, a good time is had by all. It doesn't really get my mom off my back about not being married, but at least I'm having fun 'dating around.'

Have I ever mentioned that it doesn't take much to entertain me and that usually it's the simple things in life that do?

5 comments:

SUPER said...

Good grief. I'm surprised the guys have freaked out and kicked you to the curb. Guys are a little freaky deaky like that ya know!

rubyslipperlady said...

Oh, please, we're talking about my buds here. good times.

Friar Tuck said...

I am reserving my right to make no comment on this post.

rubyslipperlady said...

By the previous comment, didn't you already make a comment? Hmmm, what's spinning in your mind, dear Friar?

Still_Waiting_for_the_Dawn said...

You are so funny! I love it :)