Friday, March 17, 2006

My Thursday

I wish I had every Thursday off with pay.

I decidedto take yesterday off. We had lots of snow on Monday and I should've stayed home then but had to go to work to do payroll. So it snowed again Wednesday and I decided to stay home on Thurs. yea!

I went to bed late (or early Thurs) so I slept until a bit after noon. yea! Then I spent most of the rest of the day working on my Sunday School lesson. It's going to end up being a 2-week deal, but it should be great! This week we'll talk about self-disclosure and the first part of personality types - extroversion and introversion. We'll also begin the discussion on Love Languages. The main part of that conversation will be the following week. Should be good. The idea is that to better communicate love we need to know both our primary love language and that of those closest to us.

A few of my friends have recently joined the blog world. They are just starting, but you ought to stop by and cheer them on! Thanks!
Ben
Em
They're both college friends and it's been so good to get back in touch. Go SC!

3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

So what do you think about the love languages thing?

SUPER said...

Just found out that the "elective" class we are to take this summer is on Love Languages.

When I was a foster care worker, one the trainings I had for my foster parents was on this..(another woman presented it-not me)...and I really enjoyed it and thought it was very interesting...so I'm thinking I'll love this class...although...I'm not sure that when they tell you what class it is you have to take, that they can really call it an "elective"!

rubyslipperlady said...

It's not new at all and quite interesting. The original book was written for married couples. It does make sense and I encourage folks to read on of the books (there are like 6 in the series). I have read the one on singles and found it to be helpful. It's all about becoming more aware of who you are and who those important people around you are so that you can better communicate, which is the point. I have seen the intentionality of it all be very helpful in relationships of all kinds. It's not a difficult read and I encourage you to do so.

Rubes, I agree. My electives I at least had a choice of 3.