Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Life is hard and unfair

I know a man who is dying a slow and awful death. It was supposed to be quick and now it is not. It is a miracle that he is alive, but it is not really life. This is an incredibly painful ordeal for the family and those caring for him. Unimaginable, really.

It puts things into perspective on how my whole thesis ordeal, while a pain in the butt, isn't all that. I did have two really progressive nights with my research, if I can keep this up, it will be a huge blessing. But even if I don't, I am not living the horror that I have witnessed the last 2 days.

Please pray for that family and those caregivers who are all questioning and hurting.

3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I hear what you are saying about the blessing thing.

Also, I think the time with friends and away from it all probably helped you be more productive with the thesis thing.

rubyslipperlady said...

This man is still alive! It's a miracle and I certainly don't know why, but the Lord will use this for something.

rubyslipperlady said...

He just passed away, please pray for his family and our staff.