Saturday, September 03, 2005

Kansas







While I thought a tornado might take me back to MN, my trip to KS was wonderful and without any twisters.

I'm a hugger as you can see. This is my Dad and I outside the creepiest, most horrible hell-hole around -- the Sterling Inn. NEVER STAY THERE! You are better off in the trunk of your car. Really.

I sped back home to Kansas for a friend's wedding. That's Debbie and I at the Salon Out Back. She was having her nails done the day before the wedding while I was getting my hairs cut and sexified. It was so good to see her, it's been since Christmas.

The final shot is of my Gran. The folks, Gran and I stayed at the NIGHTMARISH Hole and they all snore to beat the band. yikes! This was taken prior to the snoring (when I was still happy). They all drove up Friday night to see me. We hung out until the next afternoon when they all headed back out to the SW corner of KS and home, while I transitioned to my friends and the pending nuptiuals.

Dorothy was right, "There is no place like home."

5 comments:

SUPER said...

Could you not stay in the visitors room on campus? Would've been better. Isnt' that the hotel that has signs posted not to clean your game in the sinks?
And isn't it the hotel dad stayed at with my dogs when you wouldn't let them in the house and I was scared they'd get out (AGAIN) and run away in the night?!

Friar Tuck said...

I didnt think that hotel was that bad, but I was there SEVERAL years ago!

Friar Tuck said...

And Campbell hall I would suspect is worse...I remember my first day I stayed at Emorys room in Campbell. It was scary!

rubyslipperlady said...

I didn't even think about a guest room, we would've needed 2 and thought that'd be silly. Anyway, it is awful, awful, awful and it is the hotel that you are thinking of. AWFUL!

SUPER said...

Clint...you're a guy...of course you don't think it's that bad!