Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jimmy

OK, randomly Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville just came up in conversation. My dear friend and study buddy thought that the words were, "lookin' for my jigger and saw." What does that mean? Why would you be looking for a saw on an island?

So, anyway, for those of you who need to know what all of the real words are because you only sing it when you yourself are in Margaritaville, here ya go. Courtesy of Jimmy's website.

Nibblin' on sponge cake,watchin' the sun bake;
All of those tourists covered with oil.
Strummin' my six string
on my front porch swing.
Smell those shrimp--They're beginnin' to boil.
Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.
Don't know the reason,
Stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo.
But it's a real beauty,
A Mexican cutie,
how it got hereI haven't a clue.
Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
Now I think,-- hell it could be my fault.
I blew out my flip flop, Stepped on a pop top;
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender,
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
Wasted away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know, it's my own damn fault.
Yes, and some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
And I know it's my own damn fault

7 comments:

SUPER said...

THat is the most important part of the song..can't believe anyone would not know that!

At least it's not like you old roomie thinking the line from Life's a Dance was "trying to get off on a water spout"instead of the real words "trying to get oil from a water spout". GEEZ!

SUPER said...

OR...in middle school..I thought BonJovi's Wanted song said "on a stale horse I ride"...instead of "steel horse". Stale horse? What was I thinking?!!!

rubyslipperlady said...

Thinking? Junior High? Do those two go together?

Friar Tuck said...

I used to think the old hymn CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS...
said "let angels prostates fall."

Anonymous said...

this has to be in my category of "one of the funniest things i have heard"... definitely made me laugh and have to call sarah and laugh to her about it! :)

rubyslipperlady said...

Glad I could bring you a bit o' joy, Lisa!

rubyslipperlady said...

Keith, I, too, thought it was wastin' but the official Jimmy site said wasted. Who knew?

Thanks for stoppin' in!