Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Cabin in the woods





I went up North a few weeks ago and have had the film developed, much faster than some of my friends, I might add. Anyway, I thought I'd share. We were at Sleeping Fawn, for which you will find a link under lodging, near Park Rapids MN. Had a glorious time and I can hardly wait to return next summer.
These photos here are all at Itasca State Park. The first is at the marker commemorating the home of the headwaters of the Mississippi River. The second is some big dead tree on the path that we thought was cool (the tree that is, not the path). The third is me standing by the Mississippi River. For someone who grew up knowing the Mississippi River in St. Louis as it floods and rages by in a dark, muddy swirl, this was unbelievably small and clear. So fun! The fourth is me climbing under a fallen tree on my way back to the car after viewing MN's largest Red Pine.

4 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Where I used to live was the headwaters of the missouri river (in Montana). All that stuff is always interesting.

rubyslipperlady said...

How can you not enjoy all those 'firsts' and 'biggests' of the world, ya know?

SUPER said...

Not as cool as the world's largest ball of twine! or my brick on the Yellow Brick Road at Dorothy's House! How will you ever top that?!

rubyslipperlady said...

Just you wait, someday I will drive teh weinner wagon and won't you be jealous!