Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Where will this go today . . .

Some days I just feel like I need to put something here, on this blog o' mine. Not sure why, nor do I ever know what will come out. I'm at work (obviously working hard) listening to a mother read something like the Dear Abby letter to her daughter. hmmm.

I wore black pants to support those against a holiday such as today, devoted to the romantic love between a woman and man (which as you are aware, I do not currently possess in my life). However, I also wore a red sweater in support of a holiday that God has given me to remember how much he loves me and to remember all the amazing people he's put into my life that I love and that love me (sometimes not at the same time). Sometimes life sucks. Sometimes all I want is to be married and wake up next to a godly man who adores me that I adore right back. Sometimes I want someone else to do the dishes and rub my back, but then, my married friends are quick to remind me that spouse don't necessarily do those things.

Then, for some reason, today, the day of love I find myself in one of the best frames of mind about my life that I have been in quite awhile.

I spent the weekend with dear friends who love me and I love right back. They shared their lives with me as we adventured to the SW corner of the state to the home of one. His family welcomed us in as their own. A new young friend was along and her joy and enthusiasm for life and what God is doing was contagious and I have been blessed by having her in my life. What a joy!

I'm suddenly reminded of a quote from that Harry Connick, Jr and Sandra Bullock movie, Hope Floats. "My cup runneth over."

Thanks, God, for the reminder and for allowing my cup to runneth over.

Thank you to each of you who are a part of what makes my cup runneth over. May you be joyfully and abundantly blessed.

7 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I had a "date" last night...have dinner with a young adult in our church tonight.

I hate the VDAY.

rubyslipperlady said...

Let's hear all the 'details' then.

SUPER said...

You're welcome. hee hee!

rubyslipperlady said...

You are indeed a freak of nature, Rubes. Love ya!

Still_Waiting_for_the_Dawn said...

V-Day isn't super exciting to me because it just seems showey. I always got annoyed at how much of a show it was for people around me. I had one bad boyfriend who really disappointed me on Vday twice and another who dumped me right after! (neither is Phil). So I got a bad taste in my mouth for the holiday and just prefer to be normal about life most of the time. This V-Day, we spent in the doctor's office doing the last bit of figuring out the post-car accident issues with Phil's abdomen. Fortunatly, it all looks good.

Oh, and I think I'm going to transfer live journal entries over to my blogger blog, so you can read them too :)

rubyslipperlady said...

fun! Thanks!

rubyslipperlady said...

ummm, I just reread this and I do know that that quote originates in Psalm 23. Good grief.