Thursday, February 09, 2006

Les Mis


My dear friend, Dawn, gave a couple of us tickets to see Les Mis for Christmas. Last night was the date and away we went. We were sexy and ready to hit the town. Our seats were amazing! We were mere rows from the orchestra pit and 3 of the 4 of us had seen the show before (me about half a dozen times) but it was wonderful nonetheless.

The music was beautiful and I thought Epinine had the best voice of the show but it was all breathtaking. I tried not to but I sobbed. I thought I was quiet, but my body shook.

This is a show about mercy. It is a beautiful story that shows God's mercy. It talks about how we can get taken in by legalities of faith and miss the whole point of God's mercy, grace and forgiveness. It's a really beautiful story that everyone should see. By the way, if you've seen any of the movie versions, know that the actual stage performance is an operretta and you must see it.

It was a georgeous night and a wonderful time with good friends. It's one of those shows you cannot see too many times.

5 comments:

San Nakji said...

My mum forced me to go to Les Mis when I was a kid. I fell asleep in during the second act.. he he

Still_Waiting_for_the_Dawn said...

I have loved the musical for so long but never got to see it. I really wished that Phil and I would have been able to afford to go, but sometimes you just can't do what you want.

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

rubyslipperlady said...

It was unbelieveable.

To Mr President wannabe: WHAT?! You fell asleep in the SECOND half? That when I cried the most! The second half of most shows are almost always the best part of the whole production. That makes me sad for you. Maybe you should use that second computer on your desk to look up and purchase a copy of the show so that you can see what you missed.

I feel for you, Shawna. This was a gift, and one of the best, I might add.

Yea for the theatre!

Friar Tuck said...

I saw the movie. That was good enough for me.

rubyslipperlady said...

No, no, no, no. There's no music in the movie. That's what moves the soul.