Tuesday, January 10, 2006

There is no place like home




Well, you know that whenever I go home, I have to go check out Dorothy's House at the Land of Oz. I actually applied to be the Dir. there while I was home. Not sure about that one. Also applied to be the Dir. out at the Activity Center. I think I'd like that job better, but still not super sure that I want to move back to L-town. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. (Who 'we' is I have no idea.) Anyway, it was a grand time and I love this pic of Rubes! Everytime I journey home, I remember that there really is 'no place like home.' Whether that's home at my folks (who had just moved into a new house 4 days prior to my arrival), home in L-town, home in Sterling, Kansas or just wherever I am with those I care about. There is nothing quite like a sense of home. I pray that you all have someplace that you can happily call home. Remember that even more importantly is the heavenly home where you can reside for all eternity by knowing Jesus. It's an amazing thought to know that no matter how much I love and desire to be home here on earth, home with Jesus is so much more so. Wow, simply wow.

7 comments:

SUPER said...

Maybe if you just clicked your heels 3 times and said AND believed there is no place like home...you would be assured the job!

rubyslipperlady said...

Are you a wee bit biased? Have you read anything in the paper or heard any gossip on the jobs?

SUPER said...

NADA on either one. I still haven't seen either in the paper..and mom and dad haven't talked to Lydia either. Sorry man. I wonder if Shari would have heard anything from her parents? I'll ask.

Friar Tuck said...

Your mom would be so happy to have you closer to home I am sure.

rubyslipperlady said...

I know, as would I, but is that where I should be heading right now?

Friar Tuck said...

Sarah looks super skinny in this post.

SUPER said...

It's all in the pose. I really am trying to get better at that...trust me..you should see her other Christmas photos of me. NASTAAAAY!