Monday, January 23, 2006

My weekend

Nothing super exciting. Had friends over for an awesome chicken curry soup (for which I will post the recipe tomorrow since I left it at home today) and games (nothing like a little '90's trivia). Sat was a beautiful day of sleeping late and then out to walk around Lake of the Isles (3 miles, still sore today, I guess that means I should get more exercise?) and enjoy the bit o' sunshine while it lasted. Sat night had supper with some friends and parents then played a vicious game of Monopoly. There will be a rematch and I will PREVAIL! I cannot accept being beaten, I'll admit, I'm slightly competitive.

Sunday arrived early as I left for church around 7:30ish to practice for FAMJAM, which I really do love doing, but it's so freakin' early!

FAMJAM is a newish children's ministry we have at our church where it's a family-style worship with songs, actions, skits and I am on eo fthe worship leaders tying it all together with Scripture, lesson and "bottom line." I get to be on stage under the lights and what can I say, I love being allowed to shine like the star that I am.

Anyway, went home after lunch and did boring house stuff.

finished 2 books (Authentic Beauty give to me by TX Laura and another book that I can't remember the name of but was a collection of excerpts from slave narratives) this weekend and read over half of a new one. It's When My Name Was Keoko by Linda Sue Park. I'm really enjoying this one. It's about a Korean family during the Japanese occupation.

Then topped off the night with a hot salt bath, wine & cheese and my book. This is the life.

4 comments:

SUPER said...

The "star that you are" huh? Glad to see you haven't lost any confidence these past few decades!

rubyslipperlady said...

good grief, you make it sound as though you haven't seen me for years (as opposed to talking to me everyday and seeing me at home at Christmas, ya freak) and that I'm old. WHICH I AM NOT!

Friar Tuck said...

own your middle agedness amy.

lol

rubyslipperlady said...

If I plan to live forever, or at the very least to a very healthy, spry and fiesty 104, my 50's will be middle age, NOT my mear pupness of 32. I'm still but a babe (in every sense of the word)!