Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Taking back care of God's people

The Pope released his first encyclical today on God's love and the charity of the Church. While not Catholic, myself, it doesn't matter. I happened upon this piece of news and am thrilled. How often do I avoid charity? How often do I truly not love my neighbor enough to help, if love him or her at all. Shame on me. A thanks to the Pope for reminding me that this is the way that God has called me, as a believer in Christ as my Lord, to live. Time to take back the care of God's people by God's people.

3 comments:

SUPER said...

This is one of things in life I love!...helping other people.

Next Monday I find out what little girl is going to be my new "Little Sister" from BBBS. Can't wait. Hopefully, I can make an impact on her life in some way..big or small. I know I'll definitely learn something from the experience too.

Friar Tuck said...

Since when do you keep track of papal encyclicals?

Work must be slow and awful.

rubyslipperlady said...

You hit the nail on the head with that one, Friar.