Wednesday, December 07, 2005

More thesis crap

Well, met with my advisor on Monday (my birthay -- fun, fun) and it could've gone better and worse. Ch. 5 is crap and has to be rewritten completely and ch. 4 I think is salvagable. So I interviewed last night (not sure what to think about that one) and then worked through the reading of the two copies I have from my readers, changing things based on most of their comments. Tonight I hti the library to hopefully finish redoing in depth everything through Ch. 3 and start Ch. 4 and then turn that one in Thurs night and then 5 on Fri. Shari is coming Sat - Tues and i really don't want to do anything while she's here. Good grief! I still have to do laundry, dishes and clean for her visit! Yikes! Not much sleep for me, but at the same time I have to not be too tired so that I'm not cranky and bitchy to my dear friend while she's here!

So much to do... By the way, learned that there should be spaces between the dots in an elipse . . . Now you too could write a master's thesis.

6 comments:

SUPER said...

space between the dots...they are making that up. I refuse to believe it anyway.

rubyslipperlady said...

It's the truth. I do not lie.

SUPER said...

Yes...that one drives me insane when people don't do it. ALWAYS 2 spaces between period and start of next sentence, unless it's in a newspaper. Then there are entirely different rules.

rubyslipperlady said...

Actually, the writing rules are continually changing and the double-space thing is NOT hard and solid. Can be one and some prefer it that way, like the comma before the and in a series. I'm a firm believer in leaving it out but the more recent trend is to add it there.

SUPER said...

I like spaces after sentences, no spaces in an elipse or whatever, AND the comma before the and.

A problem I've noticed lately is people not using a and an correctly. Mentioned that rule the other day and half the teachers in the lounge looked at me like I was crazy! Had never heard that before. Of course, also heard an aide today say "We was..." Make me want to SCREAM!

rubyslipperlady said...

And these are the freaks leading our children!