Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Latest read


Last night I read a book by Mo'Nique.

It wasn't quite what I was expecting but not bad. Here's a god-fearin', cussin', lovin' woman who does everything in a BIG way. The book is about how BIG is beautiful and there shouldn't be any shame in the way we look and feel.

She goes through the whole book putting any sort of FLUFFY, BIG or PLUMP word in all caps to emphasize that BIG is OK and good.

It's a story of Mo'Nique's life and how she has lived with skinny friends, some of whom are evil twits and some of whom are cool chicks. She talks about keepin' it real and not being afraid to call people on the carpet. Mo'Nique is indeed real throughout the book and sheds light about not shedding pounds. Eat what you want, when you want, but don't be a glutton is something she also adds.

She's sharp, witty and indeed real.

It was intriguing and while not a book I will probably read numerous times, it stuck with me more than I thought that it might. The link is from the Library of Congress and is part of the book. Read it and if you wanna borrow the book, let me know.

4 comments:

SUPER said...

I haven't read the book, but have seen her before. She's a riot.

rubyslipperlady said...

She is funny. I laughed aloud a couple of times. Want me to bring it home?

Friar Tuck said...

Is she also known as Mother Love

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, brought the book home and I'm not sure if she's known as Mother Love.