Friday, October 14, 2005

Jewelry

I am currently wearing a diamond ring belonging to a patient. It's beautiful, but not mine. I am just the caretaker for a short time. I'm so nervous that I'm going to lose it and get sued or something. I'm not enjoying the gift of the moment. I am wearing a lovely DIAMOND!

I do this a far bit in my life. Not wear diamonds that aren't mine, but not using what I've been given. I'm a saver. I'll save something for a 'special occasion' and then it goes bad. This could be as simple as a box of corn muffin mix having wevils. It could be waiting to say something important about Jesus to someone special until just the right time and missing the 'time' altogether.

Why do we wait? Why not dive in and enjoy the diamonds? Those little (and sometimes big) treasures that God puts in our lives for a season should be well, treasured.

My prayer for those reading is that you will have open eyes to see the treasures that are in your life and jump on them, use them to their fullest joy. Who knows what the Lord might show us and bless us with through that gift?


Wait, the patient has returned. It's time to give back the diamond.