Sunday, January 07, 2007

It is good

It is good to be back. I'm sitting at one of the public libraries. I've checked my emails. I've looked up about half a dozen or so websites I wrote down from the 3-4 magazines I read yesterday, have downloaded some great scrapbooking themes and have moved on to the pleasusre of my blog.

It's been awhile. Sometimes I still have no idea what to say, but it's good to be back.

I had an awesome time home in Kansas for Christmas. I flew straight into Wichita so did not have to mess with the snow in Denver, praise the Lord! I can't say the same for my poor sister (you can see pictures of her place over on her blog). I was able to see all the fam except for one cuz who had to stay in Oklahoma to work (soooo sorry you had to stay there of all places!) and it was good to see everyone.

I made my annual pilgrimage to my Alma Mater and saw most of the folks that I know that still work there, of course, got my brows waxed and my hairs cut by my alltime fav hairdresser! Ate at Paddy's, which has been sold and isn't quite the same, and spent the night with a friend who, are you ready for this? While I am prone to exaggeration, I am not kidding you when I say that these friends have 30 outdoor cats that they are aware of at this point, 1 indoor bunny, 2 indoor dogs (big ones) and SIX indoor cats. Yup, hooray for the allergy queen! It was fun, but I admit having trouble breathing and seeing. I do believe that this was actually the beginning of my flu season, not just allergies. What a trip!

Anyway, it was great fun to get to hang out at the Lazy T. My Uncle Wayne and his wife, Susie, bought the bar in town and are having fun with that. We closed it down the Sat. afternoon before Christmas for the family celebration. It was fun and there was lots of room.

OK, can't stand it. I have to upload my photos. I hope to write more this afternoon for your reading and viewing pleasure.

6 comments:

SUPER said...

Yes! POOR, POOR ME!

I found a dead bird in my garage today. You can read all about it on my blog. Sick as it is..I took a picture for proof!

Even worse...we are supposed to get an even bigger storm this weekend. I HATE SNOW!

rubyslipperlady said...

We're supposed to get about an inch or so this afternoon. Does that make you feel better?

SUPER said...

No...but it makes me really not like you very much right now!

San Nakji said...

This has nothing to do with this post really, but I don't get Kansas City. It's not in Kansas is it?

rubyslipperlady said...

Part of KC is in KS (the good part according to some) but the larger part, I believe, is in Missouri. It's one of those stateline cities, of which we have many here in the US. Do you have many of those down there where it is currently nice and warm on the beach? The Friar lived in KC,MO for awhile, he may have a better answer. I just go there to visit.

San Nakji said...

We don't even have states! We are only little you see ;)