Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Kansas jobs

not moving there anytime soon.

I just spoke with the guy hiring for the position in western Kansas. I did not get that position. I talked with him for a bit about why I did not get either position. He said that while my qualifications were very good, others were better - the recent hire had been in a similar position elsewhere. He assured me that I had not screwed up any interviews and was capable of the positions, others just were more capable (my words not his).

So there ya have it. I believe that I will be flying to Grand Rapids the end of the month for volunteer training with CRWRC looking at volunteering for an extended time to Africa. This trip should also tell me where it is in Africa I would be headed and what I might be doing once there.

Thank you all for the encouraging words and prayers. Only God knows. I just wish he would share some of the information.

2 comments:

San Nakji said...

As Christians believe, there is a reason for everything. I think there is a reason for this too. Keep up the faith!

rubyslipperlady said...

thanks! I concur, but it's still frustrating at times. I continue to press on.