Thursday, January 25, 2007

updates

I've thought about posting a couple of times recently but just haven't made it here.

So applied for a job yesterday (and several last week) and interviewed today on the phone. Not close to enough money, less than I make now but still in the Cities. Not going to work.

I'm not super excited about any of these positions but keep applying hoping they will lead to something.

Africa has me frustrated. The orientation I wanted to attend starts tomorrow and my boss wouldn't give me the time off at all. Then, the gal I've been working with in MI didn't get any of my 3 messages saying that I wasn't coming and left me a message today to see when I was coming home and telling me what hotel I was staying at for the weekend. ARGH! Communication with her is a trial to say the least. I'm very frustrated on that front.

I have to get my photo taken for the church directory tongiht. Another frustration. I don't want my photo taken. OK, I don't want my photo taken by myself. There has got to be a better way to do singles in a directory. Besides. I don't need a free 8x10 of me. I guess I'll send mine down to my folks. The directions tell us to dress according to who we are you know casual or formal and that we can bring props. I wanted to wear a feather boa but was told that was inappropriate by Rubes and Lynnae (who is getting her photo tomorrow and doesn't appear bothered by the whole ordeal). So what if I look a bit hookerish (I wouldn't, I would look fun and festive). Jesus loved and hung out with hookers.

Plus, got my hairs cut last night and think I have to get someone new. Really. There's just such a difference after having it done at home at Christmas and then with the new gal. Bit of a bummer, I'd say. Argh.

We have a 5 year old girl for a patient right now and she loves her call light. I've been watching a movie with her (Mary Poppins). She's calling again, I'm off!

7 comments:

San Nakji said...

You are certainly getting the run around with jobs. What this means though is that when you finally get a new job, it is going to be awesome and well worth the wait!

I love Mary Poppins, but don't tell anyone... It's my secret shame ;o)

rubyslipperlady said...

It's OK, SN - just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

SUPER said...

I can't remember who it was (maybe Joy)...but someone was telling me a story the other day that when they were kids they convinced one of their cousins to jump of the house with and umbrella. Didn't work like they thought it would. Mary Poppins rocks.

rubyslipperlady said...

How many kids have made trips to the ER for broken bones because they jumped off of something with an umbrella or a cape, aka towel or blanket, thinking they could fly?

David Cho said...

Ah..looking for a job...

Been there 3 times in my life. Very frustrating. After my last employer went under, I decided to start my own practice. Not perfect, but at least I don't have to go to interviews.

Good luck with that and hang in there.

rubyslipperlady said...

Thanks, David! Waiting to see what God has in store is not my fav thing to do these days, but am getting better at it.

SUPER said...

I emailed Marcy today about the activity center one. Will let ya know what I hear.