Thursday, January 18, 2007

My famous dad


This past summer there was apparently a steam engine traveling the country and it stopped in my hometown for about 30 minutes. My dad happened to be driving by and pulled over to take this photo, making sure to get the town name on the building just above the engine.

He then entered it into a contest and won! This photo will be the photo given to each Chamber of Commerce member for the new year. He's autographed it and it will be haning in businesses all over town. How fun is that! He also got $100.

My dad retired last summer and is finding many ways to fill his time. Today he's driving to Amarillo TX to have an engine fixed and pick up a door and a shower for my cousin. Wish I could just do that sort of thing. Oh, yea, we're in very different seasons of life.

Pretty cool though, huh.

6 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Very cool

David Cho said...

Oh my..I'd be all over that thing. I adore steam engines. So jealous now. That won't be coming through Southern California any time soon...

San Nakji said...

Could be the start of a new and exciting career!

rubyslipperlady said...

Driving a steam engine or taking photos? heeheehee

Although, he does love trains and has a couple. You should've seen him play with my little cousin at Christmas when Xavier recieved one from us. Just like a kid. Loved it. However, I think the photo thing is probably more realistic, plus, my mom likes him home at nights (she's a bit of a chicken) which wouldn't happen with an engineer, I'm guessing.

Look at me ramble. Time to get back to work!

SUPER said...

He is really starting to act like an old man now that he's retired. I called the other day and mom said he had gone out driving around to "look at" and take pictures of the snow.

Now I realize I took pictures of the snow here..but that was for proof of how insane it has been.

His..no. His is because he is weird.

rubyslipperlady said...

Sounds just like Grandmother and Grandad, driving around the lake 3 times a day.