Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dad's side of the fam

Three generations, dang it,wish Dad had been in this one! Ahhh, nothing says Christmas like the traditional Christmas pimp hat!


My Dad grew up in small town America and we always go over there for one day over the Christmas holiday. This year, we celebrated at my Uncle's new bar the Lazy T. We had a good time. My dad is the oldest of 3 and they were all there with 4 of 6 kids. Of those kids all of their kids (2) were there minus one husband. Not huge, but good size. This was the first time anyone there had seen Adam, we had a grand time.

We stopped by Aunt Freda's (like Freida, not Fred - ah) to show off.



My dad's side has celebrated Christmas with pizza for years, at least since I was in jr. high or high school. It started with Grandmother's brother and sister-in-law gave our family gift certificates to the pizza place in town for Christmas each year. yea for pizza! We used to also always have an angel food cake with a candle and sing "happy birthday" to Jesus. This is the first year that we didn't read the Christmas Story from the Bible before we opened presents. We were out of our element and it threw us off, I think.

2 comments:

SUPER said...

A) That last picture is a riot!
B) What the hell is Aunt Sue doing?! ha
C) I miss Dave's pizza...I wish I was there to eat some NOW! YUMMY!!

rubyslipperlady said...

I am a bit hungry now that you mention it.