Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Grandad!

This weekend was the celebration for my Grandad's 85th birthday. I wasn't able to attend for a variety of reason and looking at all of the photos my dad sent me made me a bit sad about not being there.

My Grandad is the farmer in the striped shirt (Dad's dad) and the rest are his siblings. Only one brother is not still living, he passed away in the Korean War, I think. Aunt Marjorie, Aunt AnnaLou and then the twins, Uncles Clare and Clyde. Good times in rural America. (Most of them still live in the hometown in south central KS, population of the town - no stoplight needed - about 1000?)

For those who know me and have ever visited my house (or my stupid myspace page) you'll begin to understand the pull of the sexy tractor (listen to the song!).

5 comments:

SUPER said...

I was sad I had to bring mom home early on Saturday..didn't get to see Clyde and Clare get rowdy! They are funny.
For some reason, I can't open the pics on our 2 computers. We took a bunch of Tyler for all my friends who think he's hot. It was a big joke..everyone was trying to get him to pose and flex his muscles. Ron even gave me money to give him..I was like...Umm...no that seems a little too weird! ha. Tyler laughed..but was embarrassed I think...and I'm sure annoyed as well!

rubyslipperlady said...

Too much fun! I really wish that I could've been there.

rubyslipperlady said...

Baby, NOTHIN' runs like a Deere!

SUPER said...

Except a 3 legged dog about to lose another!

Which reminds me of a great Ray Stevens song. "Well I'm a 3 legged man, with a 2 legged woman, being chased by a one legged fool!"

Love it.

rubyslipperlady said...

What do you eat that makes you think this way?!