Thursday, May 18, 2006

downsizing

I'm on a roll the last couple of days . . . Come on, Friar, bring back the best of list, I'm sure Ben and I will both make it!

Here's some response to yet another article (this one is one that I can link to however) that I wanted to share.

My favorites are #4, #6 andf #7.

I'm trying to downsize my life and I'm sorta pround that I've thrown away 3-4 pair of shoes and a pair of slippers, not to mention a mixer that was a bit rusty. I'm a hoarder and will save something forever to use it for something special. I keep reminding myself that TODAY is special, dang it. Jesus made it just for me. I don't always treat each day that way, but I try. You should see my tiara. (I've gotta get a digital camera, I guess.)

#7 is a big one for me who is into quality time. I want it, but do I give it? Thought just crossed my mind.

What do you think of the article? Are you trying to downsize/simplify your life? How? Any of these ways?

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

my lenten discipline was to give away one thing a day....to clear out the clutter and to give as well. I got rid of lots of books and dishes and few articles of clothing...threw away a little bit too.

rubyslipperlady said...

The Friar used to have a great list of some interesting blog entry's he'd read throughout the week. It was fun. You would rock on that list.

Friar, isn't it great to clean house? I was wondering how your lenten challange (sorry, brian is off) went. Thanks!