Wednesday, May 17, 2006


I'm currently reading this book and it's challenging me far more than I thought.

It's the same things I know, I guess I'm just at a point where I'm ready to hear them?

One of the big things for me is the idea of the unhurried life, which my good friend Ben has also recently discussed.

I always want to fill my schedule to the brim and then exhaust myself. I'm not enjoying myself as much if I'm not surrounded with people and we're doing something. I'm a doer, and not a very good sitter. There is so much benefit in sitting. "Be still and know that I am God." I know this, I really do. I'm just not good at it. Ask anyone who has ever gone on vacation with me. Really, I'm a bit insane.

I'm too tired to think any further. My throat hurts from 24 hours or more of draining sinuses and no caffeine (that sugary sweet doesn't taste good with my throat already coated, I just want to eat bread and crakers so that it will absorb all that ick, even though it doesn't really). Not that I haven't gorged myself today. A gal on my Unit, Nicole, it's her last day here and we ate like we'd never eaten before. Goodness. I can't even let myself go back there or I'll explode. I could fast for the next 36 hours at least, I'm guessing and still not get hungry. Will I? Doubt it.

Enough rambling. Faretheewell.

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Excellent book!

rubyslipperlady said...

I'm finished with this one sometime this month or next and would be happy to mail it to you. I'm a great writer in books, which is sometimes good and not. I'm in. Why don't you start one too and then we can swap?