Thursday, July 20, 2006

In a nutshell

This is what my thesis is all about. Since I've talked about it so much, I thought I'd give you the basics in a nutshell.

Abstract
Walter Fisher’s Narrative Paradigm is used to analyze Randy Alcorn’s novel, Safely Home. The analysis demonstrates the benefit in the role of the cultural broker in crossing boundaries from culture to culture. Fisher’s paradigm shows arguments for utilizing a cultural broker in a variety of situations through narrative rationale. The analysis concludes that Alcorn’s novel provides readers with narrative rationality and validity in the role of the cultural broker.

4 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

You smart people make me feel stupid. Best of luck, it sounds awesome

rubyslipperlady said...

Thanks for thinking me smart, but I doubt that you are stupid, I've read your blog. Not to mention your amazing art talent. I mean, my stick people even look bad! Thanks though!

Still_Waiting_for_the_Dawn said...

I want to read it :)

Speaking of abstracts...somehow mine was left out of final printing and they had to unbind and rebind my thesis! Phil's finally picking up my two treasured to keep copies tonight (one is going to my inlaws, the other is mine).

rubyslipperlady said...

Thank you for asking! I think I have an extra spiral bound I'll bring on Sat. If you have an extra copy of yours I'd like to read it, too! FUN!