Friday, April 21, 2006

My silly Dad

Last night I was talking to my folks about my job interviews and my dad told me that he found something in my hometown paper that looked good for me. I reluctantly let him tell me about a youth director position in BEAVER, OKLAHOMA.

For those of you unfamiliar with my tastes. I hate Oklahoma. Really. It's the armpit of the world. The license plates say "Oklahoma is OK" and that's only because they didn't know how to spell "mediocre."

Not to mention that what you probably don't know about Beaver is that it's claim to fame is that it's the Cow Chip Capital of the World. Yea, a girl can't make this stuff up!

I told him I'd pass, but he said he'd keep it, just in case.

In case what! No thank you. I love my Dad, but there are limits. Beaver, OK, Good grief!

10 comments:

ems said...

You guessed right - never heard of Beaver and certainly haven't heard of cow chips. Yuck. You may be making the right decision there!

rubyslipperlady said...

Thanks ems (which makes me think of emergency medical service) for stopping by! I know, Oklahoma, land of many surprises?

Friar Tuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rubyslipperlady said...

I'll check with my dad for you. You might check online, too. Methodist Church in Beaver, can't be too many listings.

rubyslipperlady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SUPER said...

Ummm...yeah..and thanks to your refusal...he then tried to pawn it off on me. What the heck...why is he super stoked about this? It's beyond me....WAY beyond!

rubyslipperlady said...

If you still have the info, send it to the Friar!

SUPER said...

I didn't actually see it...I ran before he could produce it! Are you kidding me?!

rubyslipperlady said...

I know. I know.

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, so I actually won the prize (a golden styrofoam cowchip with dried flowers sticking out of it) for my age group. I had gone with my grandparents (on my mom's side) and somebody had them in his trunk! I flung it like a frisbee and won!