Thursday, April 27, 2006

I wonder . . .

Sometimes as I write I wonder who all is reading this and I don't know due to that they do not comment. Not commenting is fine, really. It just doesn't leave a trail.

I am very excited right now. I have a second interview in a few hours for a job I'd really like to have. I'm nervous, I didn't eat much lunch.

I'm currently drinking a delightful new flavor of Dr. Pepper (the beverage of champions) that a good friend mailed me from Texas. Yes, Tricia, the Dr. Pepper Queen mailed me the newest flavor so that I could be one of the first in my area to try it and it's great! Thanks! You see Tricia is a diehard fan and lives near the
Dr. P museum

Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream. It really is good and you should all rush out and try to purchase it today. As I have continued to drink this delightful beverage, I like it less. It's quite tastey in small doses, but an entire can is too much for me personally. Still worth trying though!


I ran across this quote while randomly checking out other blogs. It reminds me of all the photos that San Nakji is always posting. A photo helps us remember that strength. (Hey, it works in my mind.)

"Nothing can bring back the slpendor of the grass; the beauty of the flower. In fact, we grieve not, but gain strength in what is left behind." HW Longfellow

Enough randomness for now. I started so that I'd have something to post today, really. I'm trying to kill time not thinking about the interview before I leave for it in a couple of hours.

May your day be filled with joy, laughter and good dose of sunshine combined with a light breeze!

3 comments:

San Nakji said...

I love Dr Pepper soooo much! However we only have import Dr here so it's pricey and we don't do the diet stuff, so I have to temper my intake. I think if I lived in the US I would be enormous filled with the Dr and Burritos! Good thing I don't live there! Once I was flying on American Airlines from Miami to LA and the stewardess kept plying me with Dr Peppers. I must have drunk about 6 during the flight. I was sick, but I was happy!

I love the quote. This HW Longfellow sounds like a great man. Must find out more about him. Off to Wikipedia!

Friar Tuck said...

dont like the new DP

hope the job interview works out well.

although I would like to see ya here.

Even though I am hoping not to be here

rubyslipperlady said...

Is that a subtle hint, Friar as to things to come? SPill! What's in the works?

SN- If I ever get down your way (who knows? It could happen) I'll bring you a case of the Dr. Burritos I don't think would travel nearly as well though. When I fly I usually have a little wet bar at my seat, water, OJ and the good Dr. Ahhh, life is good then (as long as we don't hit turbulence when all three glasses are full!)