Tuesday, April 04, 2006

jobs

DEPARTMENT AND INTERCULTURAL STUDIES INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR Christian Ministries Department, full-timePosition Summary:Coordinate the Intercultural Studies Internship (ICS) and provide administrative support to the chair of the Christian Ministries Department, and the department as a whole. Oversee the Fall Overseas Intercultural Internship program under the direction of the professor in charge. Develop the site locations, communicating with missions/missionaries and national Christian hosts. Assist in promoting trips among students. Coach students in trip preparation and support raising. Secure all travel arrangements, insurance, travel documents, and legal aspects of the trip. Participate as co-leader of the 8-9 week fall trip, mid-October through mid-December. Coordinate inquiries made to the department regarding job opportunities, internships and questions about the department majors, etc. Provide administrative support to department chair and department faculty. Coordinate department finances, including credit card reconciliation, check requests, expense reports, and tracking of department budget.Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree required. Previous related experience a minimum of two years preferred. Previous work experience in a post-secondary setting a plus.


This is one I applied for today here in the Twin Cities. I'm a crazy freak checking my voice mail all day. If I don't hear from CO by lunch tomorrow, I'm calling them.

3 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

I don't really know. I had a good talk with TX Laura last night and weeded out a brand-new option that I was just caught up in the emotion for here. I just don't know. I'm praying for a mighty move of the Holy Spirit (I think, that's a bit scarey to pray for you know? I mean, what if it's a move I don't like or a bit bigger than anticipated - oh ye of little faith!)

I'm better now, thanks.

Friar Tuck said...

good luck!

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, a gal I know that works at that college and she's put in a good word for me. sigh.