Tuesday, December 05, 2006

not to worry

While a job would be a great gift to recieve today on my birthday. It is not going to happen, at least not the way that I thought it might. I just spoke with an organization in Kansas that I had interviewed with and they have hired someone else. They are interested in me for another position but I dont' know if I want it. It's grant funded only through Aug, so there will be a great deal of fund raising involved to keep the position not only mine, but around at all.

I know that the fam will be more disappointed than I am. It didn't feel like it was the one. I know that there is something out there. Something stellar that I perhaps haven't even imagined. Until then. I will enjoy my fabulous pink fur Christmas tree that I have decorated my desk with for the last three years and I will smile as I drink up the good Dr. (Dr. Pepper, that is).

Have a beautiful day, my friends!

10 comments:

SUPER said...

Crazy. Just plain crazy.

I wonder if the person they hired speaks Spanish.

Friar Tuck said...

I am hoping something opens up for you soon, even if it is coming to Colorado to take my position.

rubyslipperlady said...

Coming to Colorado I am all over, taking your job, nope.

SUPER said...

Move to Fort Collins. I LOVE Fort Collins.

And...I know 2 people that live there! ha

David Cho said...

You may very well have to cave and move to Southern California. People move here for jobs.

SUPER said...

What? I thought half of California had moved to Denver?! At least that's what they all told me while I lived there! =)

David Cho said...

Yeah, and half of the world moved over here.

I have had two friends who moved to Denver just to move back. Couldn't take the snow.

rubyslipperlady said...

wimps. although the weather in SOCAL is inviting.

SUPER said...

Well, it is quite different than the sunshine you must be used to!

San Nakji said...

That's cool. It obviously wasn't meant to be. I reckon there is something better coming!