Monday, December 04, 2006

dum, dum, da dum

Some of you may recall a goal I made for myself about 1.5 years ago. (I know Ruby and the Friar do, they have a tendancy of reminding me lest I forget.)

The goal was to be married by the end of 2006. Good grief, I hope I never verbalized that to my mother, I KNOW she won't forget, who knows what kind of conversations will come up at Christmas time if I told her.

Well, unless God intervenes, and He is a mighty God with the power to do miracles (because that is what it would take), I have to admit that I will not be meeting this goal.

sigh.

sigh.

heaving sigh.

giggle. giggle. giggle.

giggle turning into laughter of insanity and tears.

laughter and tears turning into tears.

tears. tears. and many more tears.

tears coming from a depth so deep, I didn't know it existed.

tears coming at a length so long, I didn't remember when they started.

tears that so drained me that I needed two bottles of water to begin the rehydration process.

tears that bring a weariness that leads to a beautiful deep sleep and a freedom from all that had been buried. hidden. avoided. ignored. feared.

freedom at least for awhile.

9 comments:

SUPER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUPER said...

It is indeed an unfair and cruel world.

However, I DID see a magically delicious man at the gym bright and early this morning (as I was sweating away, probably bright red, and possibly emitting toxic sweat fumes).

I have my friend that works part-time at the gym, on a mission to find out who he was. I'm giving up on stalking Officer Hot and will move on to Myterious Muscle Man Madness once I know who he is! ha

Is it too apparent how badly I need a date?!

carrie said...

Ah yes, beautifully put, my friend! Hang in there, God has a plan! We aren't really as alone as we think at times.

David Cho said...

So that was you this morning, Super.

SUPER said...

ha...Smooth David...that was smooth!

San Nakji said...

It'll happen when it happens. Don't push it, the right guy may be missed!

rubyslipperlady said...

I'm not really that outwardly depressed, this is just what came out when I was typing yesterday. hmmm, perhaps I'm reading too much chick lit. I needed a break from my heavier choices, so I borrowed a few books. Time to go back to magazines or heavy stuff again, I see.

SUPER said...

I got a pile o' books I'm bringing home at Christmas for you, Angie, and Robin to fight over. It's only fair that you 3 should do the same!

rubyslipperlady said...

Bring books? I have one that I'm finishing for you to read, not fiction, but gooooood. Most of what I've read lately hasn't been mine. I'll get on that for ya.