Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Road trippin' for a job

This is the story.

Went to Dordt College in Iowa yesterday (probably on the road for 8-9 hours with all of my stops), Monday, for my second interview for the position of Dir. of Alumni & Church Relations. It was a panel interview with 9 interviewers and me. I left my house (OK, so it's really Pastor Todd & Jenny's) about 6:30 am which is an hour before my alarm goes off on a normal day. I picked up Deb K and away we went. I met the HR gal for a campus tour and lunch at the Grille on campus before the interview. Afterwards, Karissa found me sitting on a bench on campus, talking on my phone (I know, shocker). Ran to the library to look for Deb. Instead, I ran into Brian (Lynnae's brother) and Ken Boersma from back at Sterling College. I then tried out the Humble Bean coffee shop on campus, found Deb and went to meet the real estate agent. Looked at 4 houses and fell in love with one between campus and Casey's Bakery & Pizza Ranch (the most important places in town, right?!).

After dining on a feast of Pizza Ranch buffett with a bunch of students that I know (which was so fun!) we bid a fond farewell and took a few pictures and headed back to MN. It was a looooooooong day, but worth it. The interview went well and it sounds like I will hear some sort of news next week. The goal is to have someone chosen by the third week of Oct when the board meets because they have to interview the top choice.

That's what I know.

It was a good interview and I'm excited about the job. Do I know if that's where God's taking me? Nope, not at all. I thank you all for your prayers. I'm keeping things open and trying to seize the moment.

I'm exhausted today after such a long day and all of that driving. Not to mention that I had a meeting this morning across town at 7:30 (FYI, traffic is good at 6:30 in the morning and it only takes about 25 minutes to get across town, not an hour) connected with my new Creative Memories business.

I am tired! But good tired.

Thanks again, my friends!

6 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I have to say Dordt sounds really up your alley with people you know, the size of the town, that it is in the midwest and everything.

God Bless!

San Nakji said...

Whew, they had better employ you after all that effort!

Friar Tuck said...

How long are they going to take...I am waiting with baited breathe.

rubyslipperlady said...

The Dir. of HR is out until Mon and I hope to hear something next week. Until then I'm off to the Twins game tonight! Should be a sold-out awesome game!

SUPER said...

Who won?

San Nakji said...

Go Twins!