Wednesday, September 20, 2006

On the job scene

Yup, still talking about a job. I have an amazing resume now and even without it I find myself in line for 2 jobs that I was unaware of just two days ago.

I'm going to Iowa again on Monday for a second interview. So I really already knew about this job, but didn't know that I was still in the running for it at all. I'll have lunch with the HR gal and then interview with a panel of about 10 people.

Secondly I'm looking at paid volunteer position in Africa. It won't be posted until mid-Oct,early Nov. I'd ideally move over there in early Feb, for a year. It would be AWESOME! I'd be called a 'bridger' and would work with the service organizations there and the North American volunteers that come and serve. I'd be the bridge between the two cultures. Amazing, huh. I know you're all jealous, well, except for the Kiwi, SN, who has probably already been to Uganda and Kenya. I'd be living in one of those places. They pay for housing and travel. Amazing. Amazing!

I'm getting into the swing of things with my CM and I am so excited about it! Hoping my sister will have a get together for me while I'm in KS next month (what do you think, Rubes?). Gotta start booking and having more fun! yippee!

Enough for now. I'll find a few pitures and post those for your great enjoyment.

5 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

whats a CM

and the Africa thing does sound amazingly cool

rubyslipperlady said...

CM is Creative Memories.

SUPER said...

Ummm, since I know like 2 females so far..I don't know that anyone would come or that it would be too successful for ya? Maybe we should wait until I've been around longer and know more people.

Brotha Buck said...

Iowa! Thats my hometown. Des Moines, best of luck!

rubyslipperlady said...

Thank you very much. I love Des Moines because it's the closest Sonic. Dang I love that place.

Rubes, it's your call but I'll be driving so it's easy to get my stuff there.