Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sister Trip 5





My sisters and I try to get together every year for some sort of vacation. I started this tradition so that before we all got married and started having children, it would indeed be a tradition and keep this a priority. However, it doesn't always work that we can all go so twice now our cousin, Kara, has stepped in a a sister.

Last Wednesday I received a call from Ruby saying that she and Kara wanted to do a road trip to the Mall of America. I told them my summer was fairly open and I'd love to have them. Thirty minutes later, about 6:30pm I received another call saying that the dad's agreed and mom's approved - they were leaving Thursday morning for an extended weekend at my place.

It was so much fun, really. It was great to have them here. This was the third time that Rubes has been able to visit and she knows my friends now so that was fun. It was Kara's first visit and she's 15 and born to shop.

We hit the Como Zoo & Conservatory , road the Carousel and went to the see The Breakup (not really worth it) and then shopped, shopped and shopped some more. Mostly the MOA, but also IKEA (created monster devotees out of both of them) and a fun local place called Patina.

Here are some shots of all the fun. Don't you wish you'd been here, too?!

6 comments:

San Nakji said...

Yay Road Trip! How was the Mall? I have always wondered....

rubyslipperlady said...

It's quite an ordeal. We were there an entire day and Kara would've stayed longer had they not been closing. You can do most things there including get married at the chapel. Loverly.

There are some fun specialty shops there and great restaurants. There's a fabo Italian one with an amazing chocolate dessert!

SUPER said...

I'm such a dork!

rubyslipperlady said...

It runs in the famiy, some of us just got more of the gene than others.

And when I say 'some' I really mean you.

Friar Tuck said...

Wedding chapel in a mall.. maybe a new job possibility????

rubyslipperlady said...

Absolutely! Not a lot of relationship building I'm guessing though. There is also a church at the MOA. Don't remember what though.