Friday, June 23, 2006

RELAXATION!

I'm heading north to a cabin for a long weekend and I am so excited I could spit! There are 12 of us, including a number of very dear, dear friends. It's one of the final hurrahs for one of my friends, as she is moving back to Kansas. It will be an amazing weekend filled with joy, laughter, tears and bittersweet sorrow.

The trip is for the singles group at church which Beth and I lead and it's not only her final thing with the group while living here, it's the final event for us as leaders. We are passing the torch of leadership on to two great men who will do an awesome job. It's a casual weekend with few structures, but Beth will be speaking on Saturday night and I will speak on Sunday night. It's good.

I love these people and how God has used them in my life. Amazing, really. They have kept me together and sane over the last three years and I thank God for them everyday.

I pray that each of you has a group of friends that you feel similarly about. An Inner Circle if you will. That's what I call about 5-6 of us. People I cherish, who have loved me, laughed with me, cried with me, redone my furniture (really!), just about everything. We've shared our lives and it's been a huge blessing.

Gotta go before I cry at work! See ya next week . . . with pictures!

9 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Hope things are going great

rubyslipperlady said...

It was awesome, well, except for my clumsiness. I fell down the steps once and off the back of the log (around the campfire)!

Details and photos soon!

rubyslipperlady said...

It was awesome, well, except for my clumsiness. I fell down the steps once and off the back of the log (around the campfire)!

Details and photos soon!

San Nakji said...

Ah, the classic American cabin-in-the-woods trip. Something I would love to experience one day.

rubyslipperlady said...

It's worth the trip! The best part is the way your clothes smell after the campfire. I love that!

SUPER said...

Desperately hoping someone got a photo of you falling off the log.

Reminds me of the little ditty, "When the log rolls over we will die, we will die!"

Hurry up with the pics already...you are high-tech now with the digitial..no excuses for slowness!

rubyslipperlady said...

3 pics were taken, all were black due to technichal difficulties. I do work for a living, remember. Just not very hard.

Friar Tuck said...

wow amy that was kinda harsh.

rubyslipperlady said...

huh? not intended as harsh, but I guess that I see what you're talking about. I was more harping on my icky job than anything.