Friday, April 04, 2008

family history

When I moved to MN I found that many of my freinds were very aware of thier heritage. I am not. I grew up knowing my Gran was German. We ate bierocks and lebkuken (which I spelled wrong), neither of which was a fave with me.
However, I have found out some news on my Dad's side I thought I would share with you, because I know how interested you all are.

This is from my Aunt Sue.

YOUR GREAT GRANDMOTHER PARCEL CAME FROM CANADA IN A COVERED WAGON. HER FAMILY WAS FROM ENGLAND. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT GGD PARCEL. THE THOMPSON SIDE--GREAT GRANDAD WAS FROM IRELAND. AND GGM WAS FROM CHECHOSLAVAKIA

She almost always emails in all caps.

So, what's your history? Think we're related?

3 comments:

Stephen Daniel Lewis said...

i love bierocks, i haven't had one in years

rubyslipperlady said...

me neither. i'm sorta ok with that. having lasagna tonihgt. Sonic was a bust at lunch though. bummer.

SUPER said...

Steven should come to either:

A) Goodland for our Flatlander's festival for a bierock...or
B) Hays for Oktoberfest.

Both events have some that are made by a lady in St. Francis...and I have 4 boxes of em in my freezer right now...they are moms and Connie T's though. Ooooh...maybe we can eat some this weekend! YES!