Monday, March 17, 2008

sunburn vs. suntan

Friday while we were getting ready to go out into the field, one of my coworkers and I were being sure to put sunscreen on our chests to protect ourselves from the sun where our v-neck exposed it. Nothing revealing, but you have to be careful of that equatorial sun.

Later that day, on our way to the site we passed at least two women who were working hard in their fields - without shirts on at all.

It made me laugh to think of our difference in modesty and how worried I had been about getting a little burn.

oh the irony of it all

5 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

you are pretty fair skinned there

rubyslipperlady said...

sooooo true! but even i have tan lines these days, i know, it's hard to imagine, but it's true

Friar Tuck said...

I always get red and it fades to brown. lucky me

SUPER said...

I had to take my little sister to the pool on Sunday. Egads! Public pool (cesspool of millions of germies), bright sun, and....a swimming suit. I wasn't happy about any of it.

rubyslipperlady said...

i see you survived