Wednesday, September 19, 2007

finally here

That's right.

I am finally in Nairobi. I'm pooped. But it is soooo good.

I'm living with a family right now which is wonderful and yet I do not want to live there. I am anxious to be on my own and have my own space and quit living out of a suitcase. It's something that I need to let go of and get over, but I'm struggling right now. I move into a guest house for two weeks to take Swahili lessons but then back to the family. It's good. I know it's best and I will learn so much culture etc. But still. I want to be on my own.

It comes down to control. I don't have a lot in my life right now and I WANT IT!

I'll survive.

Just a quick note. I'm needing some information but it's in someone's office where there is a closed-door meeting. I supposed to have a meeting with all of those people today, in fact, 16 minutes ago was the sceduled start time. I wonder if they'll break for lunch or anything. Then I'd have someone to go ot lunch with anyway.

I ate the best darned pineapple ever yesterday. We bought it from the DelMonte fields. YUMMY! supper was soooo good with that as the dessert.

6 comments:

David Cho said...

Coolness!

Be sure to write about the first tiger toe you eat.

SUPER said...

Tiger toe? Ewww...

And too bad it was DelMonte and not Dole...who knows, you might have run into Kenny Rogers at the Dole one! ha

rubyslipperlady said...

I don't get it. Kenny Rogers at Dole? Perhaps it's my cold and possible fever talking here but what?

I did eat toh in Niger, nothing like tiger toe, but I'll keep you posted.

SUPER said...

Duh...Kenny Rogers used to be in all the Dole commercials! ha Can't believe you don't remember that!

San Nakji said...

Tafadhali nataka bia pomba barid :) How's my Swahili?

I am so glad you are doing well. Keep safe and have an amazing time!

rubyslipperlady said...

OK, so your Swahili is better than mine. I understand Please and something about beer?

Thanks for helping me practice, San!