Thursday, April 12, 2007

reading and theft

I'm trying to read a book suggested by a dear friend. It's about an outpost/mission built in Kenya way back in the day. I want to read it, I really do. I'm just having a hard time getting into it. I'm not thirty pages in and it seems to take a long time to get anywhere. I guess I'll take it to Iowa with me this weekend, maybe that will help, some solid time reading uninterrupted.

I work with volunteers one a large scale now and we have one in particular that is a dear old lady, she steals. She takes books and such by the bag. Now, we got them donated to us, but still, they are for the patients. I put a big sign on the door, we'll see if that helps. I think she might be taking an extra meal voucher each day, too. Not certain on that one. My understanding is that she has money, this must be why. She keeps taking things from us so that she doesn't have to buy them.

Does that make me mean? Does it mean that I have an oversensitive sense of justice? hmmm, need to work on those things. I am judgemental and am becoming more aware of it when I'm doing it or after I've done it and try to correct it. I'm not everyone's mother. I'd like to rule the world - my ideas truly are brilliant and my ways are sure. Maybe I can work out something with San Nakji and we can rule together? He and his wife can be Mr. & Mrs. President and I'll be the Queen.

Maybe that idea needs some work.

3 comments:

San Nakji said...

Hmmm, I could maybe give you a country or two to rule when I am drunk, I mean away... But Queen? I would have to think about that...

I think you should sort this woman out. When it all comes down to it, these things are not hers!

SUPER said...

Brillant...I'm not even going to comment.

rubyslipperlady said...

Come on, SN, I'm a rockin' Queen of the Freakin' Universe. (that's what my sweatshirt says anyway)