Thursday, February 08, 2007

Job update

OK, well, here it is.

The news you have all been eagerly anticipating.

I have a new job. I start Feb. 26 in the Volunteer (I'm not one, I get paid more than I do now!) Dept. here at the same hospital on the 2nd floor instead of where I am on the 6th floor.

It's not my dream job, but it will be a great job and it won't be the one I have now. There are parts that are great, I'll be interviewing, training and placing new volunteers and planning their parties (love that) and fun stuff.

I'm looking at new places to live right now in a different area of town so that I'll be closer to my church and most of my friends since I spend so much time on that side of town anyway.

Not giving up on Africa, though. Who knows where I'll be next year?

6 comments:

San Nakji said...

That's great. You are dropping down four floors to be with the people. That's what it's all about sister, word!

Any job involving party planning is bloody good!

rubyslipperlady said...

I am a party planner not a party pooper, so all is right with the world, I say.

Thanks for the words of cheer!

Friar Tuck said...

Congrats to you. Are you still going to look around for your dream job, or be content at the hostpital.

rubyslipperlady said...

I'm still keeping my options open, but not as actively looking. Maybe this is my dream job and I just don't know it yet?

doubt it

SUPER said...

I guess I'll be happy for you..even though I wanted you to move here.

And I have to say..I know San Nakji is married...but I love him for saying "bloody good". It made me happy.

David Cho said...

I love him too for that too even though I'm straight.