Wednesday, February 07, 2007

giving

We all have gifts that can, and in my opinion should, be shared. Here's one way to make that happen.

http://www.davescarservice.com/

I love thinking outside the box and how can I help others with what I've got? Lately, I've had several new friends over to make cards. I had a ton of paper that I wanted to use up so we've had a ball making cards like maniacs. OK, so really, I'm the only maniac, but we're having such a great time! It's a way that I can give to my friends. I'm also going to a women's transitional housing residence in March and May to share a craft with them to teach them fun things and provide them with something small that they created.

When you create something yourself, it's an awesome thing. You hold something in your hands that you made. That you created. That's a part of you and says something about you and what you care about. Not everyone is good at everything and that's not the point, thank goodness. The point is to learn to think creatively and stretch ourselves. To enjoy what surrounds us and what is simple.

Joy. Giving.


joy in giving.

No comments: