Thursday, October 23, 2008

SHOPPING!

As the holidays are approaching I wanted to share two of my fave places to shop.

The first is my sis, RubesDesigns. She makes everything herself and rocks the planet. She even has some fun jewelry made from beads that I have sent her from Kenya. Look under the Kitengela section for most of those. Fun, huh!

The second is my friend, Jackie, and her Gifts on a Mission. She lives in Atlanta and travels to Kenya to get to know artisans and pay them a fair wage for their product. She then gives a portion of her profits to a children’s home in Lodwar, which is in northern Kenya. She has beautiful things and I’ve also met some of her vendors.

I really encourage you to check out each of these sites and make some purchases. Look for something unique to give this holiday – you, and those you give to, will not be disappointed, I promise.

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Already Christmas shopping huh

rubyslipperlady said...

it's NEVER too early for Christmas shopping, not to mention birthdays. heehee