Friday, October 17, 2008

death and illness

I have been on the road and away from the internet for most of the past two weeks. Upon my return I read some sad and heartbreaking emails.

Cancer, test results pending, cancer, more test results pending, typhoid, malaria, still no new job, cousin passed away, great aunt passed away, kidney transplant.

It's a bit overwhelming to say the least. I'm not even sure which to respond to first. Some of these folks I haven't seen in two or three years but it still hurts.

I am currently awaiting my own test results to see if and which tropical disease I may have. Damn, I feel old, how can all of this happen? Where does it come from? How much can we bear?

Now to be fair, I did receive some good emails and the pending joy of my nephew turning 2 this weekend and everyone getting to be there (except me). Oh, but the partying we'll do when I return.

So, now as I sort through all the hundreds of emails and facebook and blogs and such, I am praying for only good news today.

Bear with me as I catch my breath.

No comments: