Tuesday, January 29, 2008

hello friends

Hello, friends!

The weather here is just beautiful today. I walked to work yesterday and it was the low 60’s and not too sunny so it was a nice walk. There is a lovely breeze and I really wish I had on a sweatshirt and was swinging in a hammock with a good book. However, I am at work instead, which is also good.

We have devotions every Monday morning and I am also blessed. Yesterday morning we had half the staff since several are at training for most of the week.

I have started collecting African music and am enjoying that a lot. I’m listening to some from Senegal as I write this to you.

A big thank you to all of you who have emailed, called, SMS’d (short message system, it’s like a text message), sent letters, cards and packages. They are wonderful! I have a lot of fun sharing what you send with my friends and coworkers. As soon as I get more bulletin boards in my office, more pictures will go up. Whatever you send I put in my office to remind me of how blessed I am.

Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the big International Pancake Day celebration coming up Feb. 5. I will be introducing the joys of Pancake Day to Kenya this year. I hope they are ready.

Things in Kenya have not settled yet so please continue to pray for a release of pain, poverty and violence.

Thank you all! You are a treasure to me and I thank God for each of you.

No comments: