Friday, January 11, 2008

at home on a Friday

I’m currently sitting on my loveseat (alone, so sad) and watching the only thing in English on TV right now. It’s newstime on the other channels and the 7pm news is in Swahili. The 9 pm news is English.

Right now I’m watching some show about the catwalk. That’s all it is. The catwalk. Runway show after runway show. Tonight it’s mostly men and they are dressed horribly, with bad music. The designers are then coming out and they fumble and stumble and carry themselves poorly. It’s just so odd to see that after a bunch of skinny, unsmiling, make-up covered, slick-haired guys.

I need movies. I only brought two and one is just atrocious. I mean, I’m embarrassed I have it it is so bad. The other is Cinema Paradiso which is stellar and one of my faves but I can’t watch it too often, it’s too much. I need to get more. It’s difficult to find legit movies here but you can by pirated movies everywhere. So if you want to send me a carepkg, movies it is. I have several TV series and trust me. I watch them all the time.

I’ve written at least five posts for my other blog this week that have yet to be posted. It’s so frustrating. It really is you know. Argh. I did just post one about being on tv that will be rebroadcast live online tomorrow (Sat). I hope I remember and go to the office to watch. Seriously though, the odds of that happening are slim. I’m just hoping that the folks will get me a copy of it.

I am however, getting a massage tomorrow morning. Oh my, I can hardly wait! I’m so sore and have been carrying way too much stuff in my bag this week. I thought I might lose my arm last night. I’ve got to stop that. I actually saw an article on yahoo about how women are carrying too much in their bags. I didn’t read it but I’ve known it for years anyway, I just don’t’ do anything about it.

I gotta see whatelse is on. Ooooo, celebrity news. Argentine Albums chart. What is that? They are all US artists that I know. Hmmm

Have a good weekend, friends!

3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Glad to hear you can still have normal moments like these in a strange land!

SUPER said...

I sent you a package this week and in it is a movie. The most spectacular movie I've seen as of late..it's a remake, but rocks the planet. And you're gonna LOVE it. Now, I wanna go rent it again.

rubyslipperlady said...

I can hardly wait to get the movie and can't figure out what it is. hmmm. who cares it's a pkg!

Normalcy is a strange thing indeed. What is normal? I have no idea but it is good to have some of whenever you can grab it ya know.