Thursday, February 28, 2008

good cause and good fun

This is from my sister, feel free to join in!

Nothing like a family filled with people working in the non-profit sector.

Hello my friends and family! I know it seems like it was just yesterday, but it is that time of year again....BOWL FOR KIDS' SAKE time. For those that don't know what this is, it is Big Brothers Big Sisters main fundraising event of the year: a time for our matches to have fun and interact with others from the community, and a time for the community to get involved and learn more about our program and the services we provide.

As usual, I am doing my part for my own BBBS here in Goodland. We are quite honestly struggling financially right now, and this is the best opportunity we have throughout the year to get ahead. I'm asking that each of you take the time to think about our program and try to budget a donation into whatever you set aside for yearly donations. I can tell you that currently our program has 44 matches, with about 35 more children on the waiting list!! The funds raised from this event help us to continue recruitment of volunteers, expansion efforts, provide more training opportunities for our volunteers and more group activities for our matches and children on the waiting list, and carry insurance for each match we have! Trust me, it adds up quickly and we want to be able to continue serving the children in our counties for years to come!

So, if you feel so inclined to bless us with your contribution, you can make a pledge or donation by clicking one of the links next to the picture on my page, which is at http://www.kansasbigs.org/bfks/bowlerview.aspx?id=SarahT. This site allows you to actually make a donation online via debit or credit card OR you can make a pledge and select to be BILLED after the event (which is in April). My own personal goal of dollars I hope to raise is $2500 this year! It's a big challenge, but I hope I can reach it...shatter it actually!

Thanks very much for your support, it truly means a lot. Both Big Brothers Big Sisters and I thank you in advance for any support you can give.

Best Wishes,

Sarah

No comments: