A friend just emailed this one to me and I had to share.
This works great !!! Good when you're alone or when all your family is together. Best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!
Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
- Crack 2 eggs ( large or extra-large) into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2 ) shake to combine them.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. - Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
- Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
- Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece .
Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you have a nice omelet for a quick breakfast !!!
Savoring the Sweet Hour of Prayer
1 week ago